Saturday, December 29, 2012

Your Choice

Tuesday

 If you search for good, you will find favor; 
but if you search for evil, it will find you!
Proverbs 11:27



Instead of seeing pain, we must look further and look for the pleasure, however slight it may be.  Reward yourself for little, small victories. Allow yourself to see the through the hearth ache and find the happiness.

You have to train your brain not to jump right to what is wrong with something, but rather, train it to look at what is right.  This was a very difficult concept for me to learn because of my years as a gymnastics coach.  As a coach, you must look for mistakes, so they can be corrected.  You can look at a routine that is 99% perfect,  but  it’s the 1% that you must point out to the gymnast.  That concept spilled over into my real life, where I would, by nature, look at what was wrong with a situation. 

While I have received a lot of training in the area of positive thinking, it is still a struggle for me to do it naturally.   However, I have come to the conclusion that it is a necessity to do so, otherwise, I would become a basket case. Seriously, my mother also had me read the book Sybil !



Dear Lord, please help me to train myself how to look for the positive in every situation.  I want to enjoy my life rather than trudge through it each day.  Please, give me the strength to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment